Tales of a PR Enthusiast

Follow Heather as she takes on the PR world headfirst and read about her PR fab adventures along the way.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Update Number Two on the NYC Job Front


My New York trip next week is looking better than ever. Late afternoon yesterday I received an e-mail from another global communications firm in NYC asking to meet with me while I was in NYC next week. Obviously I said yes, so now I not only have one, not two, but three interviews in NYC! I am so ecstatic I can barely even concentrate on anything else. Of course I’m not getting my hopes up too high, but it would be an absolute dream come true if I ended up landing a position with any of these amazing firms.

Over the last few weeks I have been preparing non-stop for these interviews. I have been meeting with some of the best PR/social media mavens in Columbus to listen to their insight and advice, I have been turning to my mentors to help me prepare all of my interview materials and I have been researching, researching, researching. I even went as far as printing out these firms’ entire Web sites and reading them over and over again. Every time I read their Web site’s or Google them, I find something new and interesting about each firm. I am extremely impressed with both firms and I hope they will be just as impressed with me and what I can bring to the table for their company.

I am also extremely excited to be having a Tweetup with all of my NYC Twitter friends. I can’t wait to finally meet them, even though I have met some already, I am looking forward to seeing everyone. My NYC Twitter friends have all been so supportive of my goal to get a PR/social media job in NYC and I want to thank each and everyone for their help and guidance. It amazes me that people I have never even met in person are so willing to help me. Twitter is one of the best things that has happened to me over the last year and it has given me the opportunity to meet some of the best people I know. Plus, I’m really stoked that we are having the Tweetup at Justin Timberlake’e restaurant Southern Hospitality.

Even though I haven’t actually secured a job in NYC yet, I want to start packing my stuff and rent the U-Haul already. I am so ready to get out of Columbus and be in the Big Apple it’s not even funny. Hopefully after this week it will actually happen sooner than later. Stay tuned to hear how my NYC trip goes. Fingers crossed!